Search This Blog


Sunday, December 30, 2012

2012 WWE Heritage Rack Pack Break

I went a little bit away from hockey for a second and picked up a rack pack of WWE Heritage from Wal-Mart. The pack contained 16 cards, including four inserts, and pays tribute to the 1985 Topps design.

The set contains a mix of current stars and Legends (or at least the Legends signed to a WWE Legends contract). My pack contained five current stars, with the best being Cody Rhodes and Kane. By the way, has anyone fallen further this year than Tensai? In the spring, he was an unstoppable monster, and now, he's jobbing to mid-carders.


My pack also gave me 7 WWE Legends cards, most of which were in their prime during the era when the original Topps set came out. All of them are considered to be among the best, but me being an Attitude Era guy, it would have been nice to get a couple from that time frame, too.


There were 3 Finishing Moves cards, which is one of the big insert sets from Heritage. Like the base cards, this also mirrors the 1985 design and focuses on the finishing maneuvers of the various wrestlers. While the Brock Lesnar is nice, the Harley Race and "Cowboy" Bob Orton cards really show how moves that used to be such a big deal are just commonplace nowadays.


Lastly, I also pulled one sticker car, of WWE Hall of Famer Ricky Steamboat. Like the Finishing Moves cards, this also comes from the 1985 Topps set, which really shows how true-to-life they were in paying tribute to that set.


Overall, I like this set quite a bit. They really tried to be accurate to the original source, which Topps seems to do a good job of with their baseball set as well. Depending on what I decide to do with hockey, I might pick myself up a hobby box of this. It would be a fun break to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment