Search This Blog


Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Top Ten Pack Pulls of 2011 and Earlier

After putting together the Top 10 Pulls of 2012 in a link of the right-hand side of my blog, I decided I needed to complete the theme and go back for a complete record of the fantastic cards I have gotten my hands on by opening packs or boxes. So, here's a look at my top 10 pulls of 2011 and before.

10. 2011 Gypsy Queen Alex Rodriguez Jersey


9. 2011 Topps Josh Hamilton Jersey


8. 2008 Baseball Heroes Justin Verlander, Felix Hernandez, & Brandon Webb Triple Jersey /200


7. 2010 Threads Jimmy Clausen Auto Letter Patch /280


6. 2011 Heritage Eddie Yost Auto


5. 2010 Topps Roy Campanella Jersey
 

4. 2011 Topps Marquee Paul O'Neill Auto /75


3. 2010 Classics Alex Agase Cut Signature /14


2. 1999 Topps Traded Josh Hamilton Autograph


1. 2011 Heritage Frank Robinson/Mike Stanton Auto Patch /10



5 comments:

  1. Why exactly did King Felix where a black jersey? Maybe an all-star game, or Futures?

    Also, that Robinson/Stanton should be on display in a museum.

    I also pulled a Josh Hamilton auto, but it was from a Wal-Mart rack pack of 2007 Ultra.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You pulled a Hamilton out of one of the 1999 Topps Traded sets? You're a lucky, lucky guy. I busted a bunch of those sets and pulled a bunch of no names. Congratulations... great top 10.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Hamilton has an interesting story to it. The card I actually "pulled" was a redemption for a Yogi Berra auto from 2001 Topps Stars. I sent in the redemption, and a few months later, received the "fair value" replacement of that Hamilton, plus a Scott Rolen auto along with it. Even though I didn't "technically" pull that exact card out of a pack, it came as the result of a card pulled, so I'm counting it.

      Delete
    2. I'd count it as a pull too. Bummer they didn't hook you up with the Berra, but I'm sure you're not crying over the Rolen & Hamilton.

      Delete
  3. Damn! I was not prepared for the awesomeness of #1 and #2.

    ReplyDelete