Search This Blog


Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Houston Texans Hits From My LCS

In addition to picking up a great jumbo-sized Sidney Crosby card from my LCS over the weekend, I also got my hands on a couple autographed cards of players from the Houston Texans.


The first one is of running back Davin Meggett from 2012 Panini Prime Signatures, numbered 75/199. Meggett was signed by the Texans as an undrafted free agent on April 29, 2012, but his time with the team was short lived, as he was released on August 26, 2012.


The second autograph I acquired was of 2012 first round pick Whitney Mercilus from 2012 Leaf Valiant, numbered 21/99. Mercilus has been productive this year, getting 19 tackles (17 solo) and 5 sacks.

I did have a bit of a dilemma on this one, though. There was also another card, for the same price from a Topps product (I can't remember which one). This card, though, featured Mercilus in his Texans uniform, but was a sticker auto and was numbered to 399. So, do I go for the on-card auto with a low serial number, or do I get the card of him in the uniform of my favorite team, but with a higher serial number and a sticker auto?

Eventually, the on-card factor broke the deal for me, but it was a much tougher decision than I would ever imagine it to be.

1 comment:

  1. I'd go with the card of him in his NFL team uniform. Even though it's a sticker-auto, it's still authentic. And a higher serial number isn't bad, it only makes it more common. And rarity shouldn't drive you, it should be driven by what appeals to you.

    ReplyDelete