Search This Blog


Saturday, June 28, 2014

Trade with Sportscards from the Dollar Store

While I opened up plenty of Rookie Anthology boxes this year, four to be exact, I failed to pull any Penguins apart from a couple base cards. Mainly with this product, team collectors are looking for rookies, as it has updated early-season sets with rookies and veterans on their new teams. Luckily for me, though, Doug from Sportscards from the Dollar Store pulled himself a couple, and sent these four my way:

Olli Maatta Prizm
Jeff Zatkoff Prizm Parallel
Zach Sill Select Prizm Parallel
Kris Letang Rookie Anthology Gold Parallel 98/100


I was very excited to land the Maatta, as I had to wait until halfway through the season before his cards started landing in packs, so I have some catching up to do. Zatkoff is also an interesting case, as he was thrust into the backup role this past season after Tomas Vokoun's injury kept him out for the season. He actually did pretty well, and may have earned that backup spot on a more permanent basis, depending on what happens to Vokoun. Sill was called up for 20 games this season, but was scoreless, so the jury is still out on him. Other "updated" rookies from the Penguins include Brian Gibbons, Brian Dumoulin, Eric Hartzell and Jayson Megna, which means there's still a lot of work ahead of me, so if anyone has a few to spare, be sure to let me know..

No comments:

Post a Comment