Search This Blog


Tuesday, November 20, 2012

A Major Collecting Goal Achieved: Sidney Crosby Rookie Card

I just completed a goal I set out quite a while ago to achieve.

I finally got my hands on a Sidney Crosby rookie card.

I came across a 2005-06 rookie card from the Victory set, which is, by far, the cheapest of all of his rookies. I always find that it helps to start small anyway.


THE Crosby rookie, of course, is his Upper Deck Young Guns card from that year. Of course, if I got rid of all of my rookie patch autos from Dominion, I could easily afford it. Or, I could skip out on buying wax for a month or two and get it. Unfortunately, I'm WAY too much of an impulse shopper when it comes to cards.

Still, whether I skip out on wax for a while, or dump a bunch of cards on Ebay, I plan on having that Young Guns card in my collection before too long.

After all, any respectable Crosby Collection HAS to have that card as its anchor.

Still, it's nice to at least have a start in that direction.



Also....



I just wanted to send out a quick reminder that sign ups for my group break are now live. I will be opening up a box each of 2010-11 Luxury Suite, 2011-12 Rookie Anthology, and 2011-12 ITG Enforcers. Each slot is just $16 and includes two teams (1 your choice, 1 random). Please take a look at the following link and give some consideration to joining up. There are plenty of good card to be had.

TWENTY hits will be opened from the boxes, and I will throw in a hit from my own collection to anybody who does not get one from these boxes. This way, everybody has 100% certainty that they will be coming away with something.

Anyway, go check it out, and anyone who is already involved, if you could promote it on your blog, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. Promo: http://plaingrayswatch.blogspot.com/2012/11/do-you-like-these-cards.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on picking up a Crosby rookie. One day, I'd like to add one to my collection too.

    ReplyDelete