Search This Blog


Friday, November 23, 2012

8 Packs of Panini Black Friday

After making a trip to my LCS at 7 a.m. Friday morning, I came away with eight packs of their special Black Friday cards. Of course, I had to stray away from hockey to do it (they were only available with certain Panini Products, so I bought a box of Rookies and Stars football), but after missing out on last year's promotion, I decided I wanted to see what all the fuss was about this year.

Each pack contains 2 cards. Here's the pack-by-pack of what I got:

Pack 1:
Jermaine Gresham Breast Cancer Awareness Football Relic
Jonathan Quick

Pack 2:
Kyrie Irving
George Brett Diamond Kings

Pack 3:
Tony Romo Thanksgiving
Russell Wilson Gridiron Kings

Pack 4:
Tim Tebow Thanksgiving
Ray Lewis

Pack 5:
Bryce Harper
Blake Griffin

Pack 6:
Biz Markie
Eli Manning

Pack 7:
Alex Ovechkin
Peyton Manning

Pack 8:
Dont'a Hightower Prestige NFL Draft Patch Relic
Albert Pujols

For eight "free" packs, I'd say I did pretty well. Two relics wasn't bad at all. I LOVE that four-colored patch card of Hightower, and as the husband of a cancer survivor, I can definitely appreciate the Gresham. Of course, I'm sure I'll just throw them both, and most of these, on Ebay as soon as I get the chance, but overall, I'd say this was a pretty fun experience.

3 comments:

  1. More Diamond Kings to collect! I'm happy because they look cool, but sad that anything that was once a success can't be left alone. Plus, the Yellow Panini logo on the front really looks off on that Brett.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I love that Bryce Harper.

    ReplyDelete