Search This Blog


Sunday, December 8, 2013

2013 Topps Tier One Anthony Rizzo Auto

It seems like every year, Topps picks one Cubs player, and just floods the market with inserts, relics, and autographs. In past year's Starlin Castro got the treatment, but for 2013, that honor went to Anthony Rizzo. That worked out good for me, as I still hadn't gotten my hands on a whole lot of hit shits, and got my first autograph of his with this 2013 Topps Tier One On the Rise card, numbered 166/199


I am definitely glad to be adding Rizzo's autograph to my collection, as he figures to be a key component in the Cubs' future. I also knew that for my first Rizzo autograph, I had to go high-end, which gave me a great-looking card on a thick cardstock, and that always-popular on-card autograph. Hopefully, he develops into the player that he is believed to become, and has a great impact on the Cubs franchise.

1 comment:

  1. Well, at least the Cubs have had multiple collectible players from which to choose. For years the Twins have just had Mauer, Mauer, Mauer, Mauer, Mauer...

    ReplyDelete