Search This Blog


Thursday, December 26, 2013

2013-14 Black Diamond Box Break

With a little bit of Christmas money to burn, I decided to pick up a box of 2013-14 Upper Deck Black Diamond. I purchased two boxes of this product last year, and ended up not only with two base sets, but loads of cool multiple jersey cards and really cool inserts.

Each box of Black Diamond guarantees two dual-jersey cards, along with three quad-diamond cards, and a bonus pack of Upper Deck Ice, which contains one Ice Premieres rookie card. Along with that, there are also pleenty of hit-worthy inserts, like Lustrous Rookies, Lustrous Stars, and Lustrous All-Time Greats, which are either case hits or multiple-case hits, as well as Championship Rings and Gemography

Anyway, here's the video of my break, with scans to follow:



Upper Deck Ice Bonus Pack: PK Subban, Sergei Bobrovsky, Tyler Ennis, Derek Stepan, Connor Carrick 336/999


Dual Diamond: Larry Robinson, Roberto Luongo, Daniel Sedin, Vincent Damphousse, Markus Naslund, Ryan Kesler, Braden Holtby


Triple Diamond: Peter Forsberg, Nicklas Lidstrom, Doug Gilmour


Triple Diamond Rookie Gems: Joakim Nordstrom, Tanner Pearson, Austin Watson


Quad Diamond Rookie Gems: Jacob Trouba, Boone Jenner
Quad Diamond All Star: Pavel Bure


Parallel: Brendan Gallagher Quad Diamond Rookie Gems Ruby 123/150


Championship Rings: Daniel Carcillo


Dual Jersey: Nail Yakupov, Brendan Gallagher


I was very happy with what I found from this box. While I was able to pull complete base sets (1-100) from each of my boxes last year, that wasn't the case with this year's product. Still, I got some pretty good dual jersey cards, with both players being some of the hottest rookies from this year's double rookie class. Plus, I got that FANTASTIC looking Championship rings card. I pulled a Simon Gagne from last year's Black Diamond, and I think Upper Deck did a MUCH better job with this year's version. It keeps all the features that makes the card cool, but it makes the ring bigger and brighter, and slaps it down right on the front of the card.

Black Diamond is affordable, gives you a good value, and gives you a few bonuses that are sure to impress. If you're looking for a fun box to open, I would definitely give this one a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment