Search This Blog


Saturday, January 11, 2014

Two Retail Tins of 2013-14 Panini Titanium Hockey

Truth be told, I wasn't aware that Panini had released 2013-14 Titanium Hockey yesterday until I found some tins at Wal-Mart, and in my excitement, I just had to pick up a couple. Each of these tins contains 30 Titanium base cards and one jumbo-sized 5x7 rookie card. Essentially, it's a twist on the blaster. They also have jersey cards and autographs randomly inserted, but I didn't get so lucky on these.


Anyway, here's a quick look at what my two tins gave me:

Tin 1:
Jumbo Rookie: Nail Yakupov
His production may be slipping, but being 2012's number one draft pick, it's still a good pull.


Base Cards: Marc-Andre Fleury, Alex Ovechkin, Ryan Miller, Jarome Iginla, Vincent Lecavalier, Jakob Silfverberg, + Others


Serial-Numbered: Zdeno Chara Ruby Parallel 111/199, Chris Terry Rookie 267/299


Tin 2:
Jumbo Rookie: Nathan MacKinnon
After pulling 2012's first overall pick in tin #1, I pull 2013's first overall pick in tin #2. Not only that, but this card has already sold on Ebay for 75% of what I paid for both of these tins.


Base Cards: Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin, Henrik Lundqvist, Daniel Alfredsson, Jonathan Bernier, Bobby Ryan, + Others


Serial-Numbered: Henrik Zetterberg Ruby Parallel 49/199, Scott Laughton Rookie 120/299


That's about it. The tins are cool, but apart from that jumbo rookies, there wasn't a whole lot to be had. I suppose it depends on what you're looking for. $20 will either get you 30 base cards and a jumbo rookie from retail, or 3 base cards and one hit from a pack at your local hobby shop.

They were interesting breaks for me, but I think I'll just pick up a hobby box the next time I go after Titanium.

No comments:

Post a Comment