Search This Blog


Wednesday, January 29, 2014

A Couple Ryne Sandberg Rookie Cards

I picked up Ryne Sandberg's 1983 Fleer & Donruss rookie cards, because what self-respecting Ryno fan doesn't have these?


When I began collecting cards at the age of 11 or 12, these were way out of my price range, but now that I'm 33, they can be had, practically, for pocket change. Still, despite having a much larger budget, I never pulled the trigger on them. I'm not sure why. I guess with all of the focus on various hobby innovations each year, some of these basic purchases get forgotten about. Still, I'm glad to finally have these cards in my collection.

Also, I finally gave Ryno the "Sidney Crosby Treatment" and scanned and cataloged each and every card I have of his into Photobucket. I have a link to the right, which will help me keep track of what I have and what I still need.  Next, I have to do the same to Mario Lemieux and JJ Watt, and my player collection displays will be complete. Well, for now, at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment