Search This Blog


Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Sergei Bobrovsky Rookie Autograph from 2010-11 Panini Luxury Suite

After months of searching for this Luxury Suite rookie card of Columbus Blue Jackets goaltender Sergei Bobrovsky, and got it for a pretty insane price. 

Bobrovsky started his career out with the Philadelphia Flyers after being signed to a contract following four years with Metallurg Novokuznetsk of the RSL, and later, KHL. After two seasons with the Flyers, he was traded in June 2012 to the Blue Jackets for three draft picks, and that's where his career really took off. After splitting time with Steve Mason, Bobrovsky soon earned the position of the team's number one goaltender and Mason was then traded to Bobrovsky's old team, the Philadelphia Flyers. Bobrovsky was seen as the number one reason that the Blue Jackets made a major playoff push toward the end of the season, but they ultimately fell just short, at ninth overall in the Western Conference. Still, his role in the team's success, along with his statistical achievements, earned him the Vezina Award as the league's top goaltender.



This card (numbered 355/499) originally caught my eye when I pulled it out of a box I opened for a group break last July, and even then, it was a card that I wanted. I didn't know a whole lot about him at the time, but I'd heard enough to know that he has some legit potential, and the 2012-13 season proved that to be the case. It took me a while to find it, but my patience paid off, as I landed this card for the ridiculously low price of $5.29 shipped.

1 comment: