Search This Blog


Friday, June 21, 2013

2013 Topps Archives Box Break

After having a GREAT experience with 2012 Topps Archives, (pulling a Bryce Harper Auto Redemption) I decided to give this year's a shoat with the purchase of a hobby box from my LCS. Now, I may not have pulled another MONSTER of a hit. but I was happy with what I found.

The base cards are modeled after the 1972, 1982, 1985, and 1990 card designs, similarly to what they do with heritage, with a mixture of current and former players.  It seems a little odd that three of the designs are from an eight year time period, but maybe they wanted to go with sets that won't be done in Heritage for quite a while.



Here's a quick breakdown of the inserts that I pulled from the box.
SPs: Kent Hrbek, Vince Coleman, Jesse Orosco, Juan Samuek, Charlie Hough, Otis Nixon


Tall Boys: Cal Ripken, Jr., Kevin Mitchell, Ryan Braun, Gio Gonzalez, Chris Sale


Vintage Vault Redemption


1969 4-in-1 Stickers: Tony Gwynn/Wade Boggs/Cal Ripken, Jr./Ryne Sandberg, Mike Trout/Bryce Harper/Ryan Braun/Matt Kemp, Vince Coleman, Rickey Henderson/Otis Nixon/Kenny Lofton

1972 Basketball Design: Tony Gwynn


Gold: Prince Fielder 110/199, Derek Holland 56/199


1998 Stadium Triumvirate: Cliff Lee
1997 Gallery of Heroes: Cal Ripken, Jr. 


Autos: Kent Hrbek, Mookie Wilson


Well, there you have it. Not a bad box at all and the two autos are pretty cool, too. I'm definitely keeping the Hrbek, as I remember watching the Twins with my dad when I was younger, before I became a Cubs fan, and considering what other autos are out there, the Mookie is a pretty good pull as well.

1 comment:

  1. Are you willing to trade the Mookie Fan Favorite autograph? I'm in the process of building that set and he's one of the 32 autographs I still need.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete