Search This Blog


Saturday, October 20, 2012

Big Hockey Set Building Trade Courtesy of Sportscards from the Dollar Store

A little over a month ago, Douglas from Sportscards from the Dollar Store contacted me about some cards he could fill off of my want list. We agreed to a trade and a good chunk of my set needs were taken care of, which was nice. Usually, trades go more towards a hit-for-hit, so it's great to do a simple set-filler deal.

Anyway, almost right as the contents of the first trade arrive in my mailbox, he shoots me another e-mail, saying that he has more cards to send my way in exchange for just a few cards off of my trade bait. Sure enough, those cards arrived in the mail today, and I have two more sets complete and am 12 cards total away from completing three more sets.

Here's a look at what I was sent

2011-12 Pinnacle

4 cards - set complete

2011-12 Between the Pipes

8 cards - set complete

2009-10 Upper Deck

47 cards - 4 left

2010-11 Upper Deck

39 Cards - 6 left

2011-12 Upper Deck

18 Cards - 2 left

My set needs for hockey are now almost bare. I may have to go through my cards and see if there are any sets that I'll need to reconsider going after.

Thanks for a fantastic trade. I look forward to our next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment