Search This Blog


Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Four Fabulous On-Card Autographs from Panini Prime (Modano, Luongo, Pronger, and Brown)

While I have been moving more toward picking up singles from Panini Dominion, when it comes to good ol' fashioned autographed cards, I can't seem to take my eyes off of the Prime Signatures set from 2011-12 Panini Prime. 

I managed to pick up a few of these fantastic looking on-card autographs. Some I got at a good price, and others I had to cough up a little bit more for, but either way, these are all FANTASTIC additions to my collection.

Here's what I picked up:

Mike Modano 31/99


The Modano was a necessity of mine. With North Dakota roots, combined with spending most of my childhood in Texas, the last remaining link of the Minnesota North Stars/Dallas Stars connection was a no-brainer. He also has a rarity in today's hobby: a semi-legible signature.

Roberto Luongo Holo Silver 9/25


Speaking of illegible signatures,  I picked up this Luongo for about 6 bucks plus shipping. He was Canada's goalie at the Olympics, almost won the Cup in 2011, and won the Williams M. Jennings Trphy (lowest goals against average) in 2011. I figured 6 bucks wasn't too bad of a deal.

Chris Pronger 54/99


Despite him playing a portion of his career with the Flyers, and this card featuring him with the Flyers, I've always been a fan of his. Pronger was selected 2nd overall in 1993, but went on to FAR exceed the accomplishments of the man he was passed over for, Alexandre Daigle. Pronger went on to have an 18-year career, in which he won the Hart Trophy (League MVP) and Norris Trophy (Best Defenseman) in 2000, Olympic gold medals in 2002 and 2010, and the Stanley Cup in 2007 with the Anaheim Ducks.

Dustin Brown 13/25


Dustin Brown has yet to achieve individual superstardom,but he DID captain the Los Angeles Kings to a Stanley Cup victory in 2012. If he keeps this level of play up, he, along with teammate Jonathan Quick, should be making some MAJOR contributions for team U.S.A. in the 2014 Winter Olympics.

No comments:

Post a Comment