Search This Blog


Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Three Packs of Hockey from the LCS

I picked up a few packs of hockey the other day from my LCS. I'm currently working on the 11-12 Pinnacle set, set, so I bought two packs of those, and I also decided to be  alittle adventurous with an unfamiliar product, so I picked up some 10-11 ITG Between the Pipes.

Between the Pipes is an all-goalie set. The company, like Panini with baseball, doesn't have an NHL license, so it's a little limited with what it can do photograph-wise, but it's still able to put a pretty decent product together. There's a good mix of prospects, current players, and former players. the two best cards in my pack were the Grant Fuhr and Georges Vezina. I don't think I'll be pursuing the set, but it won't keep me from buying a few more packs in the future.


Out of my two packs of Pinnacle, pack 1 was the one loaded with stars, like Alex Ovechkin, Patrick Kane, Marc-Andre Fleury, and Marian Gaborik. For those unfamiliar with Pinnacle, the cool thing with it is that it will give you a picture on the front of the cards, and the back tells you about that very picture. For example, the Fleury card tells you about how on Jan. 22, 2011, he was announced as the first star of the game after making 24 saves in a 3-2 win over the Hurricanes, and when his name was announced, he came to the ice in a Steelers helmet and Terrible Towel to show support for the Steelers, who were playing in the AFC title game the next day.


The second back gave me nothing of note.......except for a 2-per-case hit. I was very happy to see this on-card autograph of Hurricanes left winger Drayson Bowman. He came up in the 09-10 season, but had his most productive year this season, getting 6 goals and 7 assists in 37 games. He seems to be getting better and better as each season goes on. While he may not be the biggest name in the NHL, he has a NICE looking signature and this is a beautiful card.


Not bad for just 3 packs of cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment