Search This Blog


Wednesday, April 4, 2012

11-12 Panini Crown Royale Pack Break (Featuring Yet Another Penguins Hit)

I made a quick trip to the LCS a couple of days ago, and in addition to a box of 11-12 Pinnacle, which I will post a review of later, I also decided to try my luck with a pack of 11-12 Panini Crown Royale.

Crown Royale features an all-die-cut set, but the big draw is that there is a hit in every pack. There, of course, is always risk that you spend a high dollar amount for something you could get on Ebay for two bucks plus shipping, but that's the risk that all pack busters must take.

Here's what I got:

Base:Thomas Vanek, Jacob Markstrom, and Loui Eriksson


These are all ok players in their own right, but at the skill level that makes you say, "That's it?" when they are your only three base cards out of the pack.

Rookie: Colton Sceviour


After being drafted in the fourth round in 2007, Sceviour made his NHL debut Feb. 5, 2011, playing one game, with 0 goals, 0 assists, and a -1 rating. He hasn't made an appearance in the NHL this year and has 14 goals and 25 assists for the AHL's Texas Stars.

Auto: Joe Vitale


I seem to be having quite a lot of luck pulling Penguins hits in the past few weeks. I was super-thrilled to pull this, as I had been looking for an autographed card of Vitale for a while. Of course, I bought one from this year's Certified set just a couple of weeks ago, but that's ok. It's an on-card autograph and I always love when a player throws his jersey number on his signature. It's always nice to pull Penguins cards, since I don't know too many other hockey-collecting bloggers, and this way I don't have to spend money on Ebay to get my fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment