Search This Blog


Tuesday, April 24, 2012

11-12 Panini Limited Pack Break #2

I just couldn't help myself and grabbed me another pack of 11-12 Panini Limited. My first pack break went really well, and was curious to see if my luck would continue. While this pack didn't give me the awesome Penguins hits that that first one did, I was happy to find that I got me another solid pack. Here's what I got:

Base: Duncan Keith 180/299, Nikita Filatov 180/299, YvanCournoyer 228/299
The weird thing is, I get some great hits out of this product, but witht he exception of the Lemieux from pack #1, most of my base cards are pretty mediocre. Still, it's MUCH better than good base and mediocre hits.


Inserts: Tyler Ennis Gold Spotlight 24/25
A super short-printed parallel. Again, a mediocre player, relatively speaking, but it's always nice to pull a /25 card.


Steve Yzerman Stanley Cup Champions 112/199
These Stanley Cup Champions cards just look FANTASTIC and are always a pleasant sight to pull from a pack. It's not quite as nice as the Jordan Staal I pulled with his signature in silver ink, but a great card nonetheless.


Hits: Vince Lecavalier Jumbo Jersey 9/99
Panini figured out a way to put a large swatch on the card, while still featuring a prominent photo on the front. Good job here.


Jaroslav Halak Team Trademarks Auto/2-Color Jersey 4/25
This is an on-card autograph of Blues goaltender Jaroslav Halak with what looks like a 2-colored swatch from his days with the Montreal Canadiens. I never like it when the swatch doesn't match the picture, but when a card looks this nice, I think I can forgive it.


Tim Thomas/Rick Nash Net Presence 50/99 This is a super thick card featuring pieces of the goal netting from the 2011 All Star Game. The card features two players on the front, but with a purpose. The back of the card goes into detail about a specific goal scored by Nash on Thomas. I'm a Tim Thomas fan, so it's a little bittersweet that the card portrays him on the losing end, but let's face it, at the All Star Games things usually go that way anyways.


Another solid pack of Limited. I've watched quite a few breaks of this product on YouTube, and they aren't all this good. I've been VERY happy with this product, and have already busted two more packs (one of which gave me my best hit so far out of the product), which I will post on at a later date.

1 comment: