Search This Blog


Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A Few Recent Pickups

While trolling around ebay last week, I came across some really good deals on a few great looking auto relics and just got them in the mail.

The first, and my favorite, is an Andre Dawson autographed bat relic from this year's Topps Tribute. Not only is he a hall-of-famer, but he has a great-looking signature and I love how the wood of the bat contrasts with the shiny surface of the card. H The card was mine for roughly $12.50 shipped, which was an absolute STEAL.


I also managed to acquire a fantastic-looking autographed triple relic on Cubs third baseman Aramis Ramirez from 2009 Triple Threads. A bit of an odd signature, as it looks like he wrote only 5 or 6 out of 13 letters in his name, but what drew me to the card was the fact that there are three distinct swatches, including a patch in the middle swatch that appears to be from the bear logo on the shoulder of the home uniform or the front of their blue uniform.


Lastly, I got another Triple Threads card, this one from 2006, of Huston Street with an autograph and two jersey swatches. I know he isn't making any kind of waves in the hobby, but I remember when he was tearing it up for the University of Texas, and for 5 bucks shipped, I figured, why not?


Have a few more ebay purchases coming in this week, and while none of them have the massive hardware of these three, I still got a pretty good deal on them.

2 comments:

  1. I have always loved Andre Dawson's signature. Every time I see it though I read it as Cyber Dawson. I would love to know which letter he loops at the bottom of the first name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To me, actually, it looks like "Clyde Drexler"

    ReplyDelete