Search This Blog


Monday, June 6, 2011

A Few Additions

Thanks to ebay, I was able to fill a few holes in my collection and replace a card that I had been missing for far too long.

Years and years ago, I think when I was 13 or 14, my dad was nice enough to trade me a few of his cards for a bunch of my Twins, Vikings and Blackhawks. One of them, a 1968 Roger Maris, had disappeared from my collection for a few years now. For under 10 bucks shipped, I was able to replace it. The new card isn't in the greatest condition, with some heavily-rounded bottom corners, but I don't really care. I just wanted the card, and I didn't want to pay a whole lot for it.



From the same seller, I also got a Carl Yastrzemski all-star card from the same year.


My third vintage card was a league leaders card from 1967 featuring Frank Robinson, Harmon Killebrew and Boog Powell. Killebrew was the draw for me on this one. Next, of course, to the Cubs, I'm a Twins fan, but my collection had absolutely no cards of Killebrew. The nice thing with league leader cards like this, and all star cards like the Yaz, is you are able to get some vintage cards of some really good players at a fantastic price.


Lastly, I found myself a fantastic lot of Kerry Wood cards, including two copies of a card I have been after for a LONG time: Kerry Wood's 1997 Bowman Chrome rookie card.


There was one jersey card, from 2001 Donruss Studio. While I typically DESPISE any pin-striped swatch that isn't vertical, this is the one exception, as the stripe is perfectly parallel to the angle of the diamond shape.


There were a few other interesting-looking cards. I'm not going to list them, but check them out yourself.


Well, there ya go. Had a little bit of money. Spent it. Now I'm poor again. Still, it was all worth it.

2 comments:

  1. Nice I just snagged the same Maris this weekend in the dollar bin. Corners are rounded too, but it's still a great looking card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pickups! Love the Maris. And League Leaders cards are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete