Search This Blog


Saturday, October 26, 2013

2003 Private Stock Titanium Kyle Wanvig Rookie /1475

A couple weeks ago, I picked up what most people would see as an average card of a player with a short NHL career, but it was a little bit of a big deal for me. From 2003 Pacific Private Stock, I grabbed a Titanium Rookie of right winger Kile Wanvig, numbered 809/1475.


Wanvig spent parts of four seasons in the NHL with the Minnesota Wild and Tampa Bay Lightning, with his most significant season coming in 2005-06, where he spent the entire season with the Minnesota Wild, scoring four goals and eight assists in 51 games. His last game in the NHL came during the 2007-08 season, and he spent the next few years bouncing around the AHL and a couple European leagues, before announcing his retirement in 2011.

The reason I was so eager to get this otherwise inconsequential card, is because when Wanving was with The Houston Aeros of the AHL, he was signing autographs after a game, and I got a puck signed.


I've had the puck for years, and was looking for a way to display it, when I came across a plastic puck/card holder. Now, I have the holder, the puck, and the card, which makes it all complete!


No comments:

Post a Comment