Search This Blog


Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Panini Prime Additions From Ebay (Including Another Crosby!!!)

I picked up a few Panini Prime cards from an Ebay seller. As most of my Ebay transactions go, I find just one card I like and then add a bunch of others to it to save on shipping. The ironic thing is that I always end up spending a TON more than I originally intend on, just to save a couple bucks on shipping. Oh well.

Here's what I got.

The main card, of course, was a Sidney Crosby Autographed Letter Patch /25. I purchased this card before pulling this bad boy out of a group break, but that's ok. At least they're different Crosby autos from Prime. The only bad thing is that just like most Sidney Crosby autographs from 2010-11, it is a redemption. Maybe the only silver lining to the possible lockout is that he'll have more time to sign his cards and send them back in.


I also picked up a Simon Despres/Jordan Staal card serial numbered 3/225. I'm still a fan of Staal, even after he was traded away, and Despres is one of the Penguins' brightest young stars, so this is a definite keeper for my Penguins collection.


I picked up this card of Brett Bullmer & Devin Setoguchi numbered 40/50, because one, the Wild is kind of my home team, and two, these are some sick looking jersey pieces.


This card of Steven Stamkos, Martin St. Louis, and Vincent Lecavalier numbered 1/150 is just a great looking card and I'm a fan of all three guys, even though I don't care at all about the Lightning.


This card of Bobby Ryan & Ryan Getzlaf numbered 189/225 will be heading over to Greg Zakwin at some point in the future, I'm sure.


Panini did a fantastic job with Prime this year. The cards look great, and they really made an effort to ensure that this would be a cool product. Job well done.

1 comment: