Search This Blog


Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Group Break Sign-Ups: 2010-11 Panini Luxury Suite

Okay, let's get a hockey group break going!!!


After testing the waters and gauging potential interest, I have decided to go forward with a group break of one of my FAVORITE Products over the last two years: 2010-2011 Panini Luxury Suite.

This is a semi-high-end product, with each pack containing three cards: two autos or relics and one serial-numbered rookie card. Each box contains four packs, making it an eight-hit box!


Each team will cost $35, and as I mentioned in my previous post, I have two options for the breakdown, depending on how many sign ups I can get.

Option 1: If I can get 7 participants, I would be able to purchase two boxes, which would total SIXTEEN hits. At seven participants, that would mean each breaker would get FOUR teams. Of course, that would leave two teams left over. In this case, I would leave out some of the teams with a lower presence (like Minnesota, Florida, etc.) and random off those hits, or combine them with another "lesser team" for a two team slot, if that makes sense.

Option 2: If I can get 10 participants, I would be able to purchase three boxes, which would total TWENTY-FOUR hits. Doing the math, that would give each breaker three teams. Granted, it would be less teams per person, but at ten participants, most of the high-dollar teams would be claimed at that point anyway.

For the un-picked teams, in either option, I will disperse them this way. First, I will list the remaining teams alphabetically by city. Then, I will use random.org to randomize the names of the participants and use that order to assign the teams down the list. For example, after randomization, the person's name who comes up first would get Anaheim, second gets Atlanta, etc. as long as those teams were not picked originally.

And if anyone does not receive a hit (auto or relic) out of the boxes, I will throw in one from my own collection, to make sure that everybody leaves with something.

Each slot is $35 and will allow you to pick one team. Payment can be made as a gift to matt-pederson(AT)hotmail(DOT)com. Please make the payment ASAP.

The product contains hits from all of the current stars, as well as autographed ROOKIE patch cards of players like Tyler Seguin, Taylor Hall, Jordan Eberle, Jeff Skinner, and much more. Here's a few examples of the types of cards we might find:










 Teams picked so far:

1. Pittsburgh Penguins - Matt Pederson (PAID)
2. Philadelphia Flyers - Brad's Blog (PAID)
3. Edmonton Oilers - Dave H (PAID)
4. Toronto Maple Leafs - Robert (PAID)
5. Chicago Blackhawks - Jeff Wilk (PAID)
6. New York Rangers - Commishbob (PAID)
7. Washington Capitals - Brad's Blog(PAID)
:::SIGN-UPS CLOSED:::

4 comments:

  1. Money's been sent! Psyched for this one

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, Matt. I'm in for the Rangers. I'll PP you the $$ in a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paid! Looking forward to this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paid this evening Matt...thanks for the break, looking forward to it

    ReplyDelete