Search This Blog


Sunday, March 25, 2012

Trip to the LCS - More Hockey/Baseball Hits, Plus Additions to my PCs

I made a stop to my LCS yesterday to pick up some packs, and walked out with a few singles as well. In addition to two packs of 2012 Topps Tribute (which I wrote about here) and a box of 2011 WWE (which I will be posting next weekend as a Wrestlemania-related post) I found some hits and a few cool singles. Here's what I walked out with.


10-11 SP Authentic Barry Melrose Auto

Melrose, as ESPN's main hockey analyst is one of the most recognizable faces in hockey, and is known for his trademark "hockey hair" mullet, seen on this card in all its early '90s glory. Melrose coached the Gretzky-era L.A. Kings to the Stanley Cup finals in 1993, where they lost to the Montreal Canadiens.


2003 Diamond Kings Ryne Sandberg Bat 154/500

Not only is this a serial-numbered relic of my favorite former Cub, it is one of those early relic card which actually shows you a picture on the back of the actual item from which it was taken. Of course, this was back before relic cards were as mass-produced as they are today, and companies could afford to spend the time on this.


2011 Topps Lineage Mini Starlin Castro Jersey

One of the things I love about being a fan of a pinstriped team is that I can find some really cool relic cards, such as this Castro. It definitely makes a home jersey card that much better, and the fact that the Lineage minis are great looking cards to begin with, just adds to it.


Ryne Sandberg: 2008 Donruss Threads
Josh Hamilton: 2011 Topps Marquee, 2011 Topps Finest, 2011 Topps Lineage 3D, 2011 Panini Promo
Starlin Castro: 2011 Panini Black Friday, 2012 Topps Gold Futures, 2012 Topps Opening Day Fantasy Squad

Here, I just wanted to buy a few card I haven't really been able to acquire anywhere else. Nothing too special, but all of them are nice looking cards. And for as much 2012 Topps as I opened, that Gold Futures card had eluded me for way too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment