Search This Blog


Monday, March 28, 2011

Discount Blaster: '08 Masterpieces

As I desperately try to complete the 90-card base of 2008 Upper Deck Masterpieces, I found a discounted blaster at Wal-Mart to see if I could knock a couple of cards off of my want list. Unfortunately, I did not get a single one of those cards, but I did get a Warren Spahn SP, as well as a Kosuke Fukudome rookie. I also pulled a jersey card of Jonathan Papelbon. Like what Topps does with its Allen & Ginter relics, I love how Upper Deck went a little extra with these. Instead of cutting a hole in a base issue card (like Panini tends to do) they added a frame around it to give it that extra special look. Even though relics are no longer that big of a deal in the hobby, I like that Upper Deck, at least for this release, treated them like one.


Anyway, I now have a few extra cards from this set, so if anyone is looking for any, let me know.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Matt. I'm trying to build the base set as well and have ended up w/ a few extras. Check my trade bait section on my blog for a list of what I have (and need!). Perhaps we can help each other out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just went through my doubles. Sorry that I can't help you.

    ReplyDelete