Search This Blog


Friday, March 25, 2011

Trip to the LCS and Potential Trade Bait for Orioles Fans

Wanted to get a post in while I was still awake, but at 12:30 in the AM, I'm not sure how longwinded I will be, not that I really ever am anyway. I made a trip to my LCS the other day and found four fantastic cards at four fantastic prices.

My favorite out of the bunch is this Matching numbers relic from 2004 Leaf Limited featuring "Mr. Cub" and Ken Boyer. A cool concept, this insert set used jersey numbers as a reason to tie two players together. Not only is this my first Banks relic, but my first vintage relic of any Cub. The card is also serial numbered 3/100.


I also picked up my first Ryno jersey from the 2008 Upper Deck Baseball Heroes set. The red-paralleled card in serial numbered 34/99 and if you look closely at the swatches, you can really see how different the material was in Sandberg's and Banks's playing days.


My third Cub relic is another addition to my Kerry Wood PC. I found this blue relic from 2005 Upper Deck Origins and jumped at the chance to grab this card at a great price.






The final card I got may appeal to a few other blog readers. I recently did a couple of trades with a couple different Orioles fans, and I figured one of them would enjoy this card. From the same set as the Sandberg, this Brooks Robinson card features and old-style swatch similar to the Banks and is serial numbered 16/99. If anyone is interested in this card, make me an offer. (Note: The card has already been claimed.)

I also got a few blasters and Wal-Mart repacks to review over the next few days. Unfortunately, I have a major lazy streak in me, so we'll see what happens. Anyway, good night and happy trading!

No comments:

Post a Comment