Search This Blog


Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Two New Collecting Goals: HOF Relics for Hockey and Baseball

As if I don't have enough different collections already.

Sure there's my two favorite sports, hockey and baseball, along with my favorite teams from those sports, the Penguins and Cubs. Not only that, but I am even going after hits for teams I like, Texans and Rockets, in sports I really don't care that much about, football and basketball.

There's also my "special projects" of 2011 ITG Decades: 1980s Miracle on Ice autos and 2011-12 Dominion autographed patch rookies, not to mention my massive collection of Sidney Crosby cards, that I had to section it off into autos/relics and base/insert cards.

I have now decided to add to that just a little more.

I want to collect a memorabilia card of every player in the Hockey and Baseball Halls of Fame, or at least every player who has had such a card produced.

I already am off to a good start, with 16 Cards in my HHOF Collection and 12 in my BHOF Collection, but I still have a long, LONG way to go, and apart from maybe Mario Lemieux in hockey and Hank Greenberg in baseball, I don't have any of the heavy hitters.

What I'm looking for is any type of memorabilia card. It doesn't matter if it's a jersey, stick, bat, glove, or goalie pad, I think it would be a great way to have pieces of each of those two sports' histories, which would span from the origins of the games to the greats of the present day. The only catch is that I want each of these cards to me just of one player. As great as it would be to have a dual bat card of Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig, I really want to keep each card separate, purely for organizational purposes.

So for, my progress has already been scanned in and posted in their respective folders, which should be on the right-hand side of this page, but just in case, here are the links:

Hockey Hall of Fame Relic Project

Baseball Hall of Fame Relic Project



I may be getting in over my head with these two ideas, but we'll see how it goes!

1 comment: