Search This Blog


Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Some Promotional Packs (Spring Fever and NHCD)

Thanks to mt Topps Series 1 jumbo box, I had a promotional card to exchange for a pack of their Spring Fever cards. So, I went in to my LCS to redeem it, and the owner must have felt generous, or felt that there wouldn't end up being too many redemptions, because he ended up giving me two packs for my one redemption. Each pack contains five cards, and some lucky packs will have autos as well. I didn't get that lucky, but here's a look at what I did get.

Pack 1: Prince Fielder, Dan Haren, Jean Segura, Jose Bautista, Stan Musial


Pack 2: Prince Fielder, Dan Haren, Jean Segura, Adrian Gonzalez, Will Middlebrooks


That's right. Two packs, which were right next to each other have 60% identical cards. Great collation there, Topps. Still, since I was technically supposed to just get one pack anyway, I won't complain about it too much.

I missed Upper Deck's National Hockey Card Day promotion February 16, but luckily the shop still had a few packs left over, and I received one along with my Spring Fever packs. Each NHCD pack contains 6 cards (5 players + 1 checklist) and there are autos inserted randomly, as well.

My cards: Mike Modano, Tim Thomas, Jonathan Quick, Alex Ovechkin, Ilya Kovalchuk, Checklist


At $0.00 for three packs of cards, this was easily the most financially responsible day I've ever had at my LCS

1 comment: