Search This Blog


Monday, March 18, 2013

2010 Topps Marquee Pack Break + A Few Extras From My LCS

I wne to my LCS a week or so ago with a couple bucks burning a hole in my pocket. I didn't have enough at the time for a whole box, but I did have enough to try my luck on a pack of 2010 Topps Marquee. I remember doing a case break of the stuff a while back with Colbey from Cardboard Collections and thought that there were some great looking cards and some really cool hits.

Each pack contains three base cards, one serial-numbered parallel, and one aoutograph or memorabilia card. Here's what my pack got me.

Base: Johnny Mize, Hanley Ramirez, Brandon Phillips


 Parallel: Andre Ethier Bronze 173/199


 Autograph: Ervin Santana 129/300


Nothing earth-shattering, but I suppose I could have done a lot worse than Santana for my hit. It's a great looking card and features the all-important on-card autograph.

I also picked up these singles from the $2.50 auto/relic box:

2012 Topps Tier One Adam Lind Auto 85/399 (already traded)


2011-12 Certified Freshman Signatures Brian Strait
(As it turns out, I already had this card, so it is up for trade)


And some Texans autos:
2012 Rookies & Stars Case Keenum 76/999, 2012 Certified New Generation Keshawn Martin 20/350, 2012 Eite Whitney Mercilus 435/599 & Jared Crick 547/599


And finally, some redemptions to hopefully play Redemption Replacement Roulette in 4 months:
2012 Certified Freshman Fabric Michael Egnew /499 & 2012 Prime Signatures Gold Dontari Poe /25



When all was said and done, I was ok with my Marquee pack and pretty happy with these affordable singles. Any of the Marquee cards, as well as the Strait, are up for trade, so if those cards, or anything in my trade bait folder, interests you, just let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment