Search This Blog


Monday, February 17, 2014

A Fortnight of Penguins Hits Part 1 of 14: Drop the Base (Cards)

Recently, I made a significant purchase for my Pittsburgh Penguins Collection. I found a seller who was unloading a bunch of Penguins cards, and when I combined an itchy trigger finger along with a lack of Ebay self-control, I found myself the new owner of 16 phenomenal cards of Pittsburgh Penguins Players. I didn't want to just unload them all on one post, so I decided to stretch it out to 14, mostly just because I wanted to use the word "fortnight" in the title.

Anyway, here are today's "Fortnight" cards:

2011-12 Prime Sidney Crosby 192/249
2012-13 Limited Marc-Andre Fleury 64/299


While, yes, neither of these cards would be classified by most people as "hits," that's why I'm knocking them out right away. Besides, for being base cards, they still are pretty awesome. The Crosby comes from Panini's inaugural Prime release, and goes right into my Sidney Crosby Collection. The Fleury is from the most recent release of Limited, and while I'm not collecting him in the same way I collect Crosby, I do love me some Limited.

No comments:

Post a Comment