Search This Blog


Monday, July 22, 2013

Redemption Replacement Roulette: 2-For-1 Simon Despres Autographed Jersey Card

It's time for another round of Redemption Replacement Roulette. This time, I called in replacements on two redemptions: a 2012 Certified Football Michael Egnew Freshman Fabric autograph and a 2012-13 Timeless Treasures Basketball Sean Elliott autograph.

Well, apparently, the folks at Panini were unable to find Penguins cards of "equal value" for those cards individually, so instead, they combined the value of those two cards and found me a replacement equal to the combined value of the two. What I ended up with was a 2011-12 Certified Freshmen Fabrics Signature card of Penguins defenseman Simon Despres, numbered 196/299.


This is actually the second version of this card that I have received as a redemption replacement. The first one is a gold parallel, featuring a three-colored prime jersey swatch, numbered to 25, that I received as a damaged hit replacement for a dinged up hit that I pulled from 2012 Rookies & Stars Football. It may not seem like much, but when you compare what I paid for the two redemptions with how much this Despres card is going for on Ebay, I ended up coming out ahead on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment