Search This Blog


Saturday, July 6, 2013

2012-13 Rookie Anthology Box Break #4

So, out of the four boxes of 2012-13 Rookie Anthology, Box #3 was definitely the best of the lot, and I'd have to say that if you have to classify this one as the worst. That being said, it's the "worst" by default, as it really wasn't that bad of a box. It's more like a 6, next to two 8s and a 10.

Like most boxes, but not all, three of my inserts were trophy contenders, as I pulled a Jordan Staal Cup Contenders 689/999, Shea Weber Hart Contenders 612/999, and a Niklas Backstrom Vezina Contenders 948/999.


I got a fourth Contenders insert, a Mario Lemieux Contenders Legacies 958/999, as well as two from Elite, an Aaron Ness Die-Cut Rookie Refractor 45/100 and a Carl Hagelin Great Outdoors 462/500.


So after, Box #3, I'm 2-for-3 on pulling autos out of my Prizm box-topper packs, but I am happy to say that my average has increase to 3-for-4 with a Michael Stone refractor auto. The other two cards were of Minnesota wild players, with a Zach Parise base card and Jason Zucker rookie.


Like with box #3, I pulled another Titanium Game-Worn Gear jersey card of Brad Richards. It's kind of the same card, but at least this one has a black swatch, while the other has white, so at least they're somewhat different.


Next up, I got a Towering Defenders card of Jared Cowen of the Ottawa Senators. I don't know much about Cowen, but man, this is a cool-looking card. Actually, most of the Crown Royale inserts really go over the top with their card designs, whether hockey or football, so I always love pulling one of them out.


My other Titanium Game-Worn Gear jersey card was of Andrei Markov.A sixth-round pick (162nd overall) in the 1998 NHL Entry Draft and has been playing with the Montreal Canadiens ever since. He was elected as a starter for the 2008 All-Star Game.


My Rookie Treasures autographed dual jersey card was of New York Islanders defenseman Aaron Ness, numbered 112/699. The 2008 second round draft pick has been spending most of the past three years with the Bridgeport Sound Tigers of the AHL, but made it up to the pro club in 2011-12 for nine games.


Lastly, I pulled a Luxury Suite autographed jersey card of Dallas Stars rookie Lane MacDermid, numbered 96/99. MacDermid was drafted by the Boston Bruins in the 4th round of the 2008 NHL Entry Draft, and made it up to Boston for five games in the 2011-12 season. At the 2013 trade deadline, he was dealt to the Stars along with Cody Payne and a second round draft pick for Jaromir Jagr.


Well, that's it for Rookie Anthology. I may pick up some singles here and there, but I think my box-buying is done. It's been a good run, but with 2013-14 Score coming out later on this month, I may have to move forward with other releases. Still, if you're on the fence about Rookie Anthology, just look at this box and realize that this is the worst of four boxes, and realize that you'll be in good hands.

(By the way, I decided to redeem the Martin St. Louis Silhouette Signature card, so as soon as that gets here, I'll be sure to post it!)

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm, Islanders cards. Even if they're really Bridgeport Sound Tigers cards.

    ReplyDelete