Search This Blog

Group Break entries are now closed, the boxes have been ordered and secondary teams have been randomized. Follow THIS LINK for final team assignments.

Friday, February 28, 2014

A Fortnight of Penguins Hits Part 12 of 14: "Le Magnifique" Autographe

Recently, I made a significant purchase for my Pittsburgh Penguins Collection. I found a seller who was unloading a bunch of Penguins cards, and when I combined an itchy trigger finger along with a lack of Ebay self-control, I found myself the new owner of 16 phenomenal cards of Pittsburgh Penguins Players. I didn't want to just unload them all on one post, so I decided to stretch it out to 14, mostly just because I wanted to use the word "fortnight" in the title.

Anyway, here's today's "Fortnight" card:

2011-12 The Cup Mario Lemieux Stanley Cup Signatures 32/50


My second autograph of Lemieux comes from Upper Deck The Cup, and belongs to the same set as the Ron Francis/Paul Coffey card I posted a few days ago. It also comes one year after the Jordan Staal Stanley Cup Signatures card, but I like the 2011-12 version much better. I don't need all of the foiling that was used on the Staal, and instead, prefer this much more simple design. To me, high-end doesn't need all of the extra stuff on it. Give me a colorful card, that makes the signature the star, and I'm a happy collector. This one was smart, in that it gave lots of space to the signature, while still giving space for a full-colored player image.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I was not sure what would be cooler than a Crosby auto...This is!

    Great score Matt, curious to what is coming up in the last two posts.

    ReplyDelete