Search This Blog


Saturday, February 22, 2014

A Fortnight of Penguins Hits Part 6 of 14: There's "Staal" One More Card of This Guy

Recently, I made a significant purchase for my Pittsburgh Penguins Collection. I found a seller who was unloading a bunch of Penguins cards, and when I combined an itchy trigger finger along with a lack of Ebay self-control, I found myself the new owner of 16 phenomenal cards of Pittsburgh Penguins Players. I didn't want to just unload them all on one post, so I decided to stretch it out to 14, mostly just because I wanted to use the word "fortnight" in the title.

Anyway, here's today's "Fortnight" card:

2009-10 The Cup Jordan Staal Signature Patches 14/75


This one was purchased, not only because it's an autographed patch card from The Cup, but because I needed to replace a card I sold a long time ago. My very first card I ever purchased from The Cup was an autographed patch card of Staal, but I can't find any scans of it, so I'm not exactly sure what set it came from. I really liked the card, but when money was tight and we were about to move up north, I ended up selling a portion of my collection, which included that card. As Staal is no longer with the Penguins, his cards have become even more affordable than they were to begin with, so I made the decision to snatch this card right up.

No comments:

Post a Comment