Search This Blog


Thursday, February 20, 2014

A Fortnight of Penguins Hits Part 4 of 14: Yeah, I Already Have This Card

Recently, I made a significant purchase for my Pittsburgh Penguins Collection. I found a seller who was unloading a bunch of Penguins cards, and when I combined an itchy trigger finger along with a lack of Ebay self-control, I found myself the new owner of 16 phenomenal cards of Pittsburgh Penguins Players. I didn't want to just unload them all on one post, so I decided to stretch it out to 14, mostly just because I wanted to use the word "fortnight" in the title.

Anyway, here's today's "Fortnight" card:

2011-12 Limited Stanley Cup Signatures 78/99


This card is from 2011-12 Limited Stanley Cup Signatures, and features a cool-looking silver signature in front of a black background. The design makes all the elements (player, cup, & signature) stand out, without one overshadowing the other. I actually pulled this card from my very first pack of Limited that I ever opened, and this card, along with a prime jersey card of Sidney Crosby, are a big reason that Limited made such a great first impression on me. Like I said, I already have this card, and there's really no reason for me to own a second one, but I got a good deal on it. If anyone wants to trade for this one, let me know. Otherwise, I'm sure I'll re-list it at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment