Search This Blog


Tuesday, February 25, 2014

A Fortnight of Penguins Hits Part 9 of 14: Pinnacle Penguins Patch of Crosby

Recently, I made a significant purchase for my Pittsburgh Penguins Collection. I found a seller who was unloading a bunch of Penguins cards, and when I combined an itchy trigger finger along with a lack of Ebay self-control, I found myself the new owner of 16 phenomenal cards of Pittsburgh Penguins Players. I didn't want to just unload them all on one post, so I decided to stretch it out to 14, mostly just because I wanted to use the word "fortnight" in the title.

Anyway, here's today's "Fortnight" card:

2011-12 Pinnacle Sidney Crosby Threads Patch 21/25


This card is similar to one I already have, but with a slight difference. I already own the base version of this insert, which contains a solid white jersey swatch. This version not only has a scarce serial number, but features a patch piece in place of the jersey swatch. Pinnacle made its return to the hockey market for the 2010-11 and 2011-12 seasons, but was cut for the 2012-13 lockout-limiting year. I'm not sure if it will return to hockey this year, but Panini has been producing baseball and basketball cards under the Pinnacle banner, so we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment