Search This Blog

Group Break entries are now closed, the boxes have been ordered and secondary teams have been randomized. Follow THIS LINK for final team assignments.

Sunday, February 23, 2014

A Fortnight of Penguins Hits Part 7 of 14: A Crosby Sweater

Recently, I made a significant purchase for my Pittsburgh Penguins Collection. I found a seller who was unloading a bunch of Penguins cards, and when I combined an itchy trigger finger along with a lack of Ebay self-control, I found myself the new owner of 16 phenomenal cards of Pittsburgh Penguins Players. I didn't want to just unload them all on one post, so I decided to stretch it out to 14, mostly just because I wanted to use the word "fortnight" in the title.

Anyway, here's today's "Fortnight" card:

2011-12 Dominion Sidney Crosby Jersey 44/50


This is just a basic jersey card from Dominion, where they essentially take the base card, cut a square out of the bottom, and slap a piece of fabric into it. It's simple, but Dominion finds a way to still make these work every year, without seeming lazy. This is actually my second jersey card of Crosby's from Dominion that year. The first one, however, features a white piece of fabric, so it's just different enough to keep both in my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment