Search This Blog


Sunday, February 23, 2014

A Fortnight of Penguins Hits Part 7 of 14: A Crosby Sweater

Recently, I made a significant purchase for my Pittsburgh Penguins Collection. I found a seller who was unloading a bunch of Penguins cards, and when I combined an itchy trigger finger along with a lack of Ebay self-control, I found myself the new owner of 16 phenomenal cards of Pittsburgh Penguins Players. I didn't want to just unload them all on one post, so I decided to stretch it out to 14, mostly just because I wanted to use the word "fortnight" in the title.

Anyway, here's today's "Fortnight" card:

2011-12 Dominion Sidney Crosby Jersey 44/50


This is just a basic jersey card from Dominion, where they essentially take the base card, cut a square out of the bottom, and slap a piece of fabric into it. It's simple, but Dominion finds a way to still make these work every year, without seeming lazy. This is actually my second jersey card of Crosby's from Dominion that year. The first one, however, features a white piece of fabric, so it's just different enough to keep both in my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment