Search This Blog

Group Break entries are now closed, the boxes have been ordered and secondary teams have been randomized. Follow THIS LINK for final team assignments.

Monday, February 24, 2014

A Fortnight of Penguins Hits Part 8 of 14: Wang Dang Sweet Letang

Recently, I made a significant purchase for my Pittsburgh Penguins Collection. I found a seller who was unloading a bunch of Penguins cards, and when I combined an itchy trigger finger along with a lack of Ebay self-control, I found myself the new owner of 16 phenomenal cards of Pittsburgh Penguins Players. I didn't want to just unload them all on one post, so I decided to stretch it out to 14, mostly just because I wanted to use the word "fortnight" in the title.

Anyway, here's today's "Fortnight" card:

2011-12 Limited Stanley Cup Signatures 69/99


Like the Jordan Staal I posted a few days ago, this card features a silver signature on a black background, next to a player photo and the Stanley Cup. Unlike the Staal, though, I do not already own this card. For some reason, it took me a while to acquire my first Letang auto, but the ball has certainly begun rolling, as this one brings me up to five. It is easily the second-coolest, right behind my Peerless Patches patch/auto from 2012-13 Dominion.

No comments:

Post a Comment