Search This Blog


Saturday, March 1, 2014

A Fortnight of Penguins Hits Part 13 of 14: This One "Seams" Like an Awesome Crosby Card

Recently, I made a significant purchase for my Pittsburgh Penguins Collection. I found a seller who was unloading a bunch of Penguins cards, and when I combined an itchy trigger finger along with a lack of Ebay self-control, I found myself the new owner of 16 phenomenal cards of Pittsburgh Penguins Players. I didn't want to just unload them all on one post, so I decided to stretch it out to 14, mostly just because I wanted to use the word "fortnight" in the title.

Anyway, here's today's "Fortnight" card:

2012-13 Prime Sidney Crosby Seams Incredible 4/6


Now, here's a fantastic card. The memorabilia piece comes from the inside of the jersey's neck, specifically, the branded strip of fabric that connects the collar to the sweater. The card is extremely limited, due to an extremely limited amount of the fabric to begin with. Of course, all they need is multiple jerseys from one player to make this a much more plentiful card, but I love the fact that they kept it so scarce. With something so unique, it needs to be treated as a big deal, and the limited number accomplishes that.

3 comments:

  1. I've never seen these "Seams Incredible" cards. Very nice pick up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pickups have all been great! Congrats on the fantastic additions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen something like that before...pretty sweet pickup!

    ReplyDelete