Search This Blog


Wednesday, February 19, 2014

A Fortnight of Penguins Hits Part 3 of 14: A Duo of Despres

Recently, I made a significant purchase for my Pittsburgh Penguins Collection. I found a seller who was unloading a bunch of Penguins cards, and when I combined an itchy trigger finger along with a lack of Ebay self-control, I found myself the new owner of 16 phenomenal cards of Pittsburgh Penguins Players. I didn't want to just unload them all on one post, so I decided to stretch it out to 14, mostly just because I wanted to use the word "fortnight" in the title.

Anyway, here are today's "Fortnight" cards:

From 2011-12 Prime: Simon Despres Prime Time Rookie 62/99 & Prime Signatures 12/99


Despres was one of four Penguins rookies in 2011-12 products, but so far, is the only one who has yet to find permanent residency in the NHL. Center Joe Vitale and defenseman Robert Bortuzzo have spent the entire 2013-14 season in Pittsburgh, and defenseman Brian Strait is playing for the New York Islanders. Despres, however, is right on the edge, going back-and-forth between Pittsburgh and Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, as injuries occur. Luckily, Pittsburgh has had a hard time fielding a healthy team this year, so Despres has had a few opportunities at the top level.

No comments:

Post a Comment