Search This Blog

Group Break entries are now closed, the boxes have been ordered and secondary teams have been randomized. Follow THIS LINK for final team assignments.

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

A Fortnight of Penguins Hits Part 3 of 14: A Duo of Despres

Recently, I made a significant purchase for my Pittsburgh Penguins Collection. I found a seller who was unloading a bunch of Penguins cards, and when I combined an itchy trigger finger along with a lack of Ebay self-control, I found myself the new owner of 16 phenomenal cards of Pittsburgh Penguins Players. I didn't want to just unload them all on one post, so I decided to stretch it out to 14, mostly just because I wanted to use the word "fortnight" in the title.

Anyway, here are today's "Fortnight" cards:

From 2011-12 Prime: Simon Despres Prime Time Rookie 62/99 & Prime Signatures 12/99


Despres was one of four Penguins rookies in 2011-12 products, but so far, is the only one who has yet to find permanent residency in the NHL. Center Joe Vitale and defenseman Robert Bortuzzo have spent the entire 2013-14 season in Pittsburgh, and defenseman Brian Strait is playing for the New York Islanders. Despres, however, is right on the edge, going back-and-forth between Pittsburgh and Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, as injuries occur. Luckily, Pittsburgh has had a hard time fielding a healthy team this year, so Despres has had a few opportunities at the top level.

No comments:

Post a Comment