Search This Blog


Sunday, February 9, 2014

Contest Winnings from Play at the Plate - 2 Packs of 2014 Topps

I recently one a contest from Play at the Plate and just received my winnings in the mail. I don't remember what the contest was exactly, and I'm too lazy to go back and look, but I think I got one of the consolation prizes, which was two packs of 2014 Topps


Here's a look at what my two packs got me:

Pack 1: Yoenis Cespedes, Josh Beckett, Kyle Lohse, Alberto Callapso, Jon Niese Blue, James Loney Blue, AL ERA Leaders, Matt Harvey 1989 Orange Die-Cut Mini


Pack 2: Matt Adams, Troy Tulowitzki, Todd Helton, Tyson Ross, Yoenis Cespedes Blue, Josh Beckett Blue, Miguel Cabrera Highlights Checklist, Yu Darvish Upper Class


He also included two cards of Chicago Cubs 3B Luis Valbuena. 


I think these are retail packs purchased from Wal-Mart due to the blue-bordered parallels. Now, while I like parallels and inserts as much as the next guy, as a set-builder, being able to only use five out of eight cards in each pack to build a set seems a bit excessive.

Thanks to Play at the Plate for the contest and for the free packs!

No comments:

Post a Comment