Search This Blog


Tuesday, February 18, 2014

A Fortnight of Penguins Hits Part 2 of 14: Hey, It Was Cheap

Recently, I made a significant purchase for my Pittsburgh Penguins Collection. I found a seller who was unloading a bunch of Penguins cards, and when I combined an itchy trigger finger along with a lack of Ebay self-control, I found myself the new owner of 16 phenomenal cards of Pittsburgh Penguins Players. I didn't want to just unload them all on one post, so I decided to stretch it out to 14, mostly just because I wanted to use the word "fortnight" in the title.

Anyway, here's today's "Fortnight" card:

2010-11 Zenith Mark Letestu Rookie Roll Call Jersey


First of all, Zenith cards scan horribly. I don't know what you'd call the type of foiling used on these cards, but they just don't work on a scanner. That being said, they do look pretty nice in person. Letestu spent only one full season (2010-11) with the Penguins, before being traded to the Columbus Blue Jackets early in the 2011-12 season for a fourth round pick. Since then, he has become a mainstay with Columbus and has earned himself an alternate captaincy with the team.

Even though he is no longer with the team, it's still a Penguins card, and besides, this is all I paid for it:


No comments:

Post a Comment