Search This Blog

Group Break entries are now closed, the boxes have been ordered and secondary teams have been randomized. Follow THIS LINK for final team assignments.

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

A Fortnight of Penguins Hits Part 2 of 14: Hey, It Was Cheap

Recently, I made a significant purchase for my Pittsburgh Penguins Collection. I found a seller who was unloading a bunch of Penguins cards, and when I combined an itchy trigger finger along with a lack of Ebay self-control, I found myself the new owner of 16 phenomenal cards of Pittsburgh Penguins Players. I didn't want to just unload them all on one post, so I decided to stretch it out to 14, mostly just because I wanted to use the word "fortnight" in the title.

Anyway, here's today's "Fortnight" card:

2010-11 Zenith Mark Letestu Rookie Roll Call Jersey


First of all, Zenith cards scan horribly. I don't know what you'd call the type of foiling used on these cards, but they just don't work on a scanner. That being said, they do look pretty nice in person. Letestu spent only one full season (2010-11) with the Penguins, before being traded to the Columbus Blue Jackets early in the 2011-12 season for a fourth round pick. Since then, he has become a mainstay with Columbus and has earned himself an alternate captaincy with the team.

Even though he is no longer with the team, it's still a Penguins card, and besides, this is all I paid for it:


No comments:

Post a Comment