Search This Blog

Group Break entries are now closed, the boxes have been ordered and secondary teams have been randomized. Follow THIS LINK for final team assignments.

Thursday, February 27, 2014

A Fortnight of Penguins Hits Part 11 of 14: Sid's Sig

Recently, I made a significant purchase for my Pittsburgh Penguins Collection. I found a seller who was unloading a bunch of Penguins cards, and when I combined an itchy trigger finger along with a lack of Ebay self-control, I found myself the new owner of 16 phenomenal cards of Pittsburgh Penguins Players. I didn't want to just unload them all on one post, so I decided to stretch it out to 14, mostly just because I wanted to use the word "fortnight" in the title.

Anyway, here's today's "Fortnight" card:

2010-11 Dominion Sidney Crosby All Decade Signatures 1/24


This is a Dominion card, but for some reason, across the board, the All-Decade cards sell for dirt cheap. That works out well for me, as I was able to get an on-card autograph, from a high-end set, with a low serial-number, for about the same price as most mid-to-low-end unnumbered sticker autos go for. The card is pretty basic, but or some reason, I like that on my high-end cards. I don't need all the bells and whistles, just give me a clean card, with a good surface for the signature, and I'm happy. The focus of the card should be on the autograph, and this one certainly accomplishes that.

Also, just as a teaser, I've been trying to organize these cards from least to greatest, meaning that there are still three more cards that I think are better, or at least cooler, that an autographed Dominion card of Sidney Crosby. So, stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment