Search This Blog


Thursday, February 27, 2014

A Fortnight of Penguins Hits Part 11 of 14: Sid's Sig

Recently, I made a significant purchase for my Pittsburgh Penguins Collection. I found a seller who was unloading a bunch of Penguins cards, and when I combined an itchy trigger finger along with a lack of Ebay self-control, I found myself the new owner of 16 phenomenal cards of Pittsburgh Penguins Players. I didn't want to just unload them all on one post, so I decided to stretch it out to 14, mostly just because I wanted to use the word "fortnight" in the title.

Anyway, here's today's "Fortnight" card:

2010-11 Dominion Sidney Crosby All Decade Signatures 1/24


This is a Dominion card, but for some reason, across the board, the All-Decade cards sell for dirt cheap. That works out well for me, as I was able to get an on-card autograph, from a high-end set, with a low serial-number, for about the same price as most mid-to-low-end unnumbered sticker autos go for. The card is pretty basic, but or some reason, I like that on my high-end cards. I don't need all the bells and whistles, just give me a clean card, with a good surface for the signature, and I'm happy. The focus of the card should be on the autograph, and this one certainly accomplishes that.

Also, just as a teaser, I've been trying to organize these cards from least to greatest, meaning that there are still three more cards that I think are better, or at least cooler, that an autographed Dominion card of Sidney Crosby. So, stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment