Search This Blog

Group Break entries are now closed, the boxes have been ordered and secondary teams have been randomized. Follow THIS LINK for final team assignments.

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Trade with Wax Stain Rookie

I sent a few cards to Dave at Wax Stain Rookie about a month ago, and while I wasn't expecting any cards in return, I'll never turn any away either. He sent me two packages filled with Penguins cards and set builders, and I was very happy with what was included.

I got four Sidney Crosby cards for my Crosby Collection: 2006-07 Power Play, 2007-08 Ultra Gold Medallion, 2009-10 Upper Deck Face of the Franchise, 2005-06 Parkhurst Season Highlights. The grand total now sits at 296 total cards, which is a pretty good start.


I also got some retro-ish Penguins cards. The Mario Lemieux and Rob Brown cards are sticker inserts from 1989-90 Topps, and the Helmet & Stick Decals card is an insert from 1979-80 Topps Helmet & Stick Decals. The circular logo is a mystery to me. I'm not sure where it came from, but I always appreciate any Penguins oddballs I can get my hands on.



Lastly on the Penguins front, I also got these: 2007-08 McDonald's In the Crease Marc-Andre Fleury, 2011-12 ITG H&P Marc-Andre Fleury, 2007-08 MVP Marc-Andre Fleury, 2009-10 McDonald's Evgeni Malkin, 2006-07 BeeHive Evgeni Malkin Wood Parallel, 2012-13 Certified Simon Despres/Kimmo Timonen Patch to the Cup 207/399, 2011-12 Certified Max Talbot Certified Champions



He also sent me a few set-builders:
2013-14 Select - 17 Cards
2013-14 Upper Deck - 13 Cards (Series 1 now complete!)
2013-14 Prizm - 1 Card
2011-12 Certified - 3 Cards


Thanks for the cards, Dave! There wasn't any need for it, but I certainly appreciate all the new cards for my collection.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome, I am glad you enjoyed the package and I am glad they arrived safe and sound. I really appreciated your cards and I tried to help you as much as I could with sets and find some Penguins you may not have had already!

    On the note of the Penguins emblem, I am not sure which year it is from but it is an insert from either 72-73 OPC or 73-74 OPC. Without the border piece that originally surrounded the emblem I can't tell the difference. The 73-74 OPC version had instructions on what to do with it to make it an adhesive and the 72-73 OPC was just blank.

    ReplyDelete