Search This Blog


Wednesday, March 22, 2017

A Pack of Cards from a Former MLB Player

A couple of weeks ago, I was vacationing with my family in Arizona, and my wife & I went to a couple Chicago Cubs games. At each game, Cubs great Fergie Jenkins hosts an autograph signing featuring a group of 6 or 7 retired Major Leaguers. One of those was former Chicago Cub Byron Browne.



In addition to signing autographs, he was also handing out packs of baseball cards to kids who came by, after asking them a baseball trivia question. It was something nice, that he was doing on his own, to connect with the younger baseball fans.

Well, after having him sign a baseball and take a photo, he handed me a pack for myself as a bonus. So, here's what I got from my pack of 2016 Topps Opening Day, that was given to me by a former MLB player.



4 comments:

  1. That's a really cool gesture on his part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is cool. Should have had him sign the wrapper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I interviewed Byron a few years back for a series I was doing on the radio on the 1966 Cubs. A very nice man, glad to see he is still doing well.

    ReplyDelete