Search This Blog


Monday, November 24, 2014

A Bunch of Cards from Ebay Part 1: Penguins

So, here's what happens when you find an item you like on Ebay, and make the ill-guided decision to click on the "See Other Items" link on a listing. I had originally found a reasonably-priced Simon Despres rookies card from The Cup, and let my curiosity take over. One card turned in to 27, and $15 ended up turning into, well, a lot more than that.

Anyway, I've decided to break this up into six parts, mostly just to spread out the content, so without further ado, here's a quick look at the Penguins cards I purchased as a part of this group:

2011-12 The Cup Simon Despres Rookie Auto Patch 245/249
This is my very first Rookie Auto Patch card of anyone from the Pittsburgh Penguins, and considering that he's still with the team, and playing regularly at the pro level, it was definitely a cool one to get. 


2011-12 The Cup Auto Rookie Brian Strait 177/199
From the same year as Despres, the big difference is not only the lack of a patch, but the fact that Strait no longer plays for the team, after the New York Islanders picked him up off of waivers.


2012-13 SP Game Used James Neal Auto
Neal is another guy who no longer plays for the team, but was pretty productive in his tenure. Still, his absence isn't felt too much, as the players he was traded for, Patric Hornqvist and Nick Spaling, are more than making up for it. 


2010-11 SP Authentic Alexander Pechurski 131/999
Pechurski played just one game for the Penguins during the 2009-10 season, letting one goal in during 36 minutes of play. He is currently playing in the KHL.


2008-09 Upper Deck Sidney Crosby Game Jersey
I already have plenty of Crosby jersey cards, but it is always nice to add another. 


2005-06 Ultimate Marc-Andre Fleury Ultimate Signatures
He isn't always the most consistent goaltender, but I really love his signature. It's a bit of a scribble, but as long as there is at least a cool-looking design to it, I'm ok with that kind of scribble.


2006-07 Hot Prospects Kris Letang Prized Prospects Auto Patch Rookie 88/599
So, this is an autographed rookie patch card of Letang, and I think I only paid somewhere around $15 for it! A lot of that may have to do with the fact that there is some fading to the card, almost as if the card was left in a store-front window too long. Despite that, I think it was a fantastic price for this card.


Well, those are my new Penguins. Stay tuned tomorrow for my newest Chicago Cubs cards.

2 comments:

  1. Love the look of that Fleury. I'll be at the game Wednesday cheering them on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, very nice Pens cards Matt! If you ever would consider moving that Pechurski, please let me know, as I would love to trade for it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete