Search This Blog


Monday, August 25, 2014

2013-14 Prime Sidney Crosby Autograph /50 (Redemption)

While it will take a little bit of patience on my part, I am now at step one in adding a great new Sidney Crosby card to my collection. From 2013-14 Prime, I have a redemption for his autographed Prime Signatures card, which is numbered /50. I made this purchase soon after the set was released, hoping that by being a redemption, it might go a little bit cheaper than a live card would.


While everyone in the collecting world hates redemptions, and rightfully so, if you know what you're doing, they aren't all necessarily bad. Being a Crosby collector, it seems like I have to go through this every year, with redemptions being issues for almost all of his on-card autographs in the higher-end sets. It is annoying, but my experience has shown me that he will get every card signed and returned at some point. Waiting may not be ideal, but as long as I know that I will definitely have this card in the future, I can be patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment