Search This Blog


Tuesday, May 8, 2012

11-12 Panini Preferred Basketball

After decided to shake things up and get myself a non-hockey product from my LCS, my eyes were drawn to an odd-shaped box of Panini Preferred basketball. The box is long, wide, and thin, kind of in the shape of a magazine.

The draw with this product is simple. One four-card box contains three autographed cards and one six-to-eight swatch booklet. I figured with odds like that, I'd be a fool not to try it out, right?

Well, I hit a good one. Here are my hits.

"Inducted" Booklet featuring Larry Bird, Wilt Chamberlain, David Robinson, Julius Erving, Patrick Ewing, Dominique Wilkins, Karl Malone, and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.This is an absolutely STUNNING card and not only does it feature eight hall-of-famers, but some REALLY BIG historical names. This would be worth the price of the box alone, but there was more...


Alonzo Mourning Blue Die-Cut Auto 1/15
Of course, the Ebay-1-of-1-ness of the card is cool, but Mourning's cards actually fetch a pretty respectable return on investment. Other copies of this card have sold on Ebay from $50-$100. Not bad at all. Two good hits, but it trails off from there...


Brandon Jennings Red Die-Cut Auto 4/25
Huh?


Darrell Griffith Red Die-Cut Auto 6/74
Who?


No doubt, I hit a pretty good box, but with each one guaranteed to give you some MAJOR hits, this is too good of a product for any basketball fan to pass up. Even casual fans, like me, who only purchase basketball when burnt out on the product they usually get will find a great amount of fun and satisfaction with Preferred.

No comments:

Post a Comment