Search This Blog


Wednesday, March 12, 2014

National Hockey Card Day Canada Pack

As an added bonus to that amazing Evgeni Malkin patch card that I posted on Monday, the seller threw in a pack of National Hockey Card Day Canada cards. This works out great for me, since one, I was working during this year's NHCD and unable to participate, and two, I live in the United States.


Each of these packs contain five cards of the 20-card set, and all of the players featured are either Canadian or playing on a Canadian team. Since the biggest stars on the Pittsburgh Penguins come from the Great White North, this would be the only way for me to get my hands on them, and I certainly did, pulling both a Sidney Crosby and a Mario Lemieux. The other three card were rookies, and I did pretty good on them, too, pulling a Nathan MacKinnon, Nail Yakupov, and Dougie Hamilton.


I always love a good bonus, especially when it results in me adding card to my collections of my two favorite hockey players. Of course, it wouldn't be too difficult to just purchase them on the secondary market, but it's much more fun to pull them from a surprise pack of cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment