Search This Blog


Tuesday, March 25, 2014

3 Cards for the Collection from Ebay

Here's a quick look at three new cards I added to my hockey collection:

2010-11 The Cup Martin St. Louis Signature Patches 32/75
I felt the need to pick up this card after selling the Crown Royale Silhouettes card that I pulled from 2012-13 Rookie Anthology. St. Louis is always on the list of the top scorers in the NHL, winning the Art Ross Trophy twice, the Hart Trophy once, and a Stanley Cup in 2004, yet his cards are dirt cheap. This autographed patch card from The Cup was just $15.49, which is INSANE, considering how good of a player he is. He's kind of like this generation's hobby equivalent of Mike Bossy. Statistically one of the best players in the world, but his stuff can be had for next to nothing.


2013-14 Trilogy Bill Ranford Ice Scripts Autograph
I got this card primarily because I wanted something good from Ice Scripts this year. I purchased a box of 2013-14 Trilogy when it was released in the fall, and pulled a faded Bill Barber Ice Scripts auto. I sent it in to UD to get it replaced, due to a low-quality signature. I was sent in return a triple jersey card of the three goaltenders for the 2010 USA Olympic team, which was cool, but I was still out one Ice Scripts auto. I like the insert set, so I wanted to at least have one in my possession, but I wanted to get a good quality card at a great price. Luckily, I found this Bill Ranford for just a bit over $10. The card looks amazing, and more importantly, the signature looks solid and clean, so I finally got that Bill Barber replaced. Besides, who needs a stinkin' Flyer anyway?


2012-13 Rookie Anthology Jason Zucker Rookie Treasures 270/699
This card is interesting. Of course, I like this card, because its a Minnesota Wild card of one of the bigger Minnesota Wild prospects that I can add to my Minnesota Wild Collection, but also, it just looks really cool. Yeah, you get the typical green jersey swatch, but with this one, the interesting thing is the tan-colored swatch. The texturing makes it something different from the typical jersey swatch, which makes me think it comes from either one of the thicker pieces of piping on the jersey, or maybe from the collar. I really have no idea, but at the very least, it looks cool, and I'm happy to add it to my Minnesota Wild Collection.


It may seem like a random three set of cards, but for some reason, it just fits right in with what I am collecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment