Search This Blog


Thursday, March 20, 2014

Topps Redemption Redeemed: 2013 Tier One Brian McCann Copper Auto /25

I don't mind playing the Redemption Replacement Game with Panini or Upper Deck, because I've experienced, and read about, a number of successes when it comes to trading in those long-standing, unfulfilled cards. Topps, however, is a different story.  I have yet to read of a single success when it comes to redemption replacement. Usually, it goes one of two ways. Either you'll get a card from a fictional sticker autograph set that was produced just to fill redemptions, or you'll get some scrub auto from a Bowman prospect set.

Luckily, my last remaining redemption card came in the mail without me having to roll those loaded dice.


This is an autographed card of Brian McCann from 2013 Topps Tier One. It comes from the Crowd-Pleaser Autographs insert set, and is a copper parallel, numbered 19/25. The base version of these autographed cards are numbered to /299, and are on a white background and signed in blue ink, which actually looks pretty cool in and of itself. The parallels, however, get really cool. Each of the parallels has a black background, which really makes the player's image stand out. The cards are super rare, too, with different colored ink used depending on the rarity, with copper (red) numbered to 25, silver numbered to 10 and gold numbered to 1.

If anyone is interested in this card make me an offer. I have no problem trading it, but then again, if the right offer doesn't come along I'm perfectly happy keeping it. This is a pretty rare card of a good player, that looks amazing, and has a really cool-looking signature to it. I'm just glad Topps was able to come through with this one.

3 comments:

  1. That is a nice card. I'm sure you will have no problem finding a trade partner for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is actually the kind of information I have been trying to find. Thank you for writing this information. D20

    ReplyDelete
  3. The article looks magnificent, but it would be beneficial if you can share more about the suchlike subjects in the future. Keep posting. Bronze Dice

    ReplyDelete